A Yarnmaker record has been broken with Cough being nominated for 13 awards at the 11th annual Wild Rose Independent Film Festival, in Iowa USA.
The nominated Cough cast and crew are:
- Best Actor Robert Coleby
- Best Supporting Actress Natalie Trent
- Best Director Jason Kempnich
- Best Ensemble Casting Jason Kempnich & Christopher Sommers
- Best Cinematography Graeme McMahon
- Best Lighting Design Graeme McMahon
- Best Screenplay Jason Kempnich
- Best Visual Effects Roy Sibthorpe & Alex Pepper
- Best Music Davin Patterson
- Best Production Design Melinda Dimond
- Best Costume Design Nathanael Martin
- Best Sound Design Jason Kempnich
- Best International Film
Writer Director Jason Kempnich is thrilled and humbled for the Cough team.
"There's not a lot of opportunities for craft awards for short films, especially outside of Best Film and Best Director. So it's fantastic to see our hard working cast and crew be recognised like this. It's especially humbling when you realise how many deserving films are out there," Kempnich said.
Coughs screening will take place at the Fleur Cinema in Iowa, USA, on Saturday 9th November 2013. Screening details for the Wild Rose event are here. The awards ceremony will also occur on the same weekend.
More information on Cough including upcoming screenings, and the film's trailer, can be found at the Cough website.
Cough stars Robert Coleby (Tracks, Terra Nova, The Marine) and Christopher Sommers (Predestination, Terra Nova, The Horseman), with Natalie Trent and Dan Eady. Written and directed by Jason Kempnich, it features moody cinematography by Graeme McMahon and evocative music by Davin Patterson.
Set a few years from today, Cough explores a dystopian future where a pandemic has forced governments worldwide to heavily curtail the movements of citizens for their own survival. In the rush to survive, civil liberties are forgotten. The film asks the question - how far is too far, and what if government wanted to keep their new power? Sometimes you have to fight to be the change you want to see.
Return to the previous page.